A friend of mine has recently sent me this. It’s a talk by Manoj Bhargava (creator of 5 Hour Energy drink), in which he explains how he built his business. The talk is really smart, educational and very entertaining. Watch it over the weekend, you won’t regret it! Read more »
Sometimes clients and Taxi Profits Inner Circle Members ask me: Tom, why haven’t you started Uber?
To which my answer is: you do realize that Uber has been in business since 2009 and they haven’t made a penny of net profit, right?
That’s where the questions usually end.
In case you don’t know, Read more »
…you are a Republican and you are on Fox and an anchor basically tells you that what you yourself do directly contradicts to what you are “selling” to people.
But wait… Paul Ryan doesn’t know it or get it.
You can watch the video Read more »
A few weeks I’ve conducted a survey about the software my readers are using. Today I want to share its results with you.
Just as I expected, there is nothing on the market that users are
really happy with. This means that if you decide to choose software
from the list below, chances are there still will be bugs and issues.
I am not going to list all the positives for every software. They have
their own websites and salespeople for that.
What I am going to do is give you a list with typical negatives and an
overall score. Read more »
This was the subject of today’s (October) Taxi Profits Inner Circle Webinar.
Here is what we have talked about:
– Social Media is media. Having access to it does not mean you should stop doing what has been making you money.
– You make money by having a plan and implementing a plan. Social media needs to be a part of it. It is not a magic pill.
– Should you even bother with social media – 2 ways to make sure you do.
– One simple trick to significantly boost the number of likes/retweets of your taxi business page
– The main thing to understand about posting on social media
– About the comments and letters you will start getting once you become active
– 5 ways to add value using facebook/post and update examples
– A list of most shared words on facebook
– A graph with individual sharing motivations
– Least facebook-shareable words
– Facebook Clicks and Shares by day of the week graph
To get access to the recording of this webinar, receive this month’s Taxi Profits Inner Circle Letter and attend our monthly Member-only Q&A,
Right now in the United States presidential candidates are campaigning in full gear trying to win the nomination in 2016 Presidential Election.
Some of them are flat-out losers. Some a great example of how to promote and get free publicity for free.
One of the main goals for a lot of candidates at this stage is raising money. Because of this, they aren’t really that far from where you are. You run a taxi business in order to turn a profit. They run political campaigns in order to get donations. Read more »
If you’ve been following the news, you know that last week Hillary Clinton has sent her book, Hard Choices (retails on Amazon in hardcover for around $40), to all her Republican rivals. Read more »
A few days ago I’ve sent you an article about a new taxi-hailing app company that started operating in Boston. Its name is Fasten. There only one thing how it’s different from Uber, Lyft and such: instead of charging drivers a %% of rides like Uber and Lyft do, Fasten charges driver is only $1 off each ride. Read more »
…but then it turned out that it was not.
According to an article in Boston Herald, a new ride-hailing company has quietly launched in Boston.
Fasten — which began operating last month — works exactly like UberX and Lyft. Using an app, riders request a ride and drivers working their own hours in their own cars pick up the passengers.